7.04.2008

Of Hospital Things

I really want to write something of consequence, but I'm a bit too drained to think correctly.

Things that get me through sitting in a hospital room all day:
A journal where I write little phrases, sentences, or story ideas
The Twilight Series (Seriously amazing. Read them if you haven't already.)
Amazing people who visit and bring me dinner and such
Amazing people who keep checking on me from afar
Getting out to see some fireworks with my mom

And so I leave you with something non-depressing. This is from my aforementioned journal. It's a paragraph that is from a story I want to write:
It was strange, living across from a building where people were born and people died every day. It was like the circle of life, nicely encapsulated within a few walls. My own private microcosm, tucked neatly in my backyard. I loved it, but I knew it would drive any ordinary person insane if they thought about it the way I did. Too many ghosts--too many stories.

H'anyway, I'll be heading back to my other home Saturday night so I can make it to work at the ED for Sunday. Thanks again for everything, you guys.

And happy Independence Day :)

3 comments:

Epijunky said...

Love you Sister.

Prayers are with you and your family, but you know that.

tracy said...

Dear Sam,
Whatever is happening, i wish you love and peace.
prayers,
tracy

david mcmahon said...

Sam, my thoughts are with you while you head home.