5.14.2008

Various Things

I submitted an application to a new transport company. The application said "Can you lift 120 pounds?" *checks* "Mmhmm. I wonder if that was my lift test, 'cause if it was, I just passed with flying colors!" So we'll see what happens there!

Drew and Eric met with the administration today about our campus rescue proposal. I wasn't able to be there because I'm home for this week, but I got a call from Drew. Essentially...we're in. We have to do a little more research about liability and the NCAA's rules, but...we'd be stand-by only. This means that we'd work football games, basketball games, and other major events on campus.
Now, it's not on-call coverage, but that's okay. We understand that we need to prove to the university our commitment and our level of skill, so this is a good starting place. It's actually a better starting place than we expected! So I feel like breaking out a bottle of champagne (or uh...sparkling cider...) to celebrate.

And for all you EMS types out there who are fortunate enough to live near a Sheetz, take a look at this!

Oh, and don't forget that tomorrow at McDonald's you can get a free Southern-style Chicken Sandwich with the purchase of a medium or large drink. I mean, I'm not all about the McDonalds, but free food is free food!

Yours,
Sam

p.s.--RIP Trevor, my little buddy.

5 comments:

Epijunky said...

First of all... Congrats on the campus rescue thing. Absolutely awesome! I know you've put some blood sweat and tears into it. You should be proud.

Secondly... Free coffee? HELLO? If only we had a Sheetz nearby. I'll have to settle on the scary 7-11 dude hitting on me to get my free coffee.

VA PhireMedic said...

By the way, its NCAA, not NAACP or whatever you called it :-)

Evil Transport Lady said...

Sorry to hear of your little buddies' demise:(

Sheets rocks:)

Great job on the campus ems!

Polar Doc said...

Sorry about Trevor. As for the McDonald's, ....."I'm lovin' it".

Anonymous said...

Good job on the campus ems and im sorry about your hampter!

Your hair is beautiful!

~Kate